** Note: A few categories here are inspired from The Perpetual Page-Turner. She is just awesome.
Ahh.. so July just finished! I don’t understand how the time flies by. It was literally like the first day of July yesterday and there was my birthday and now it’s finished? But overall, this month was good enough for me and here I am concluding my monthly recap for the month of July, on last day 🙂 This is not just an update of my bookish things, rather a complete package including non-bookish things too.
Quote of the Month
WHEN GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN BEING RIGHT OR BEING KIND, CHOOSE KIND.
— R.J. Palacio, Wonder
- Book Review: Animal Farm by George Orwell | A must read classic
- Get to know me | Some random bookish/non-bookish facts about me
- Book Review: Wonder by R.J. Palacio | Simple, loving and truly wonderful
- Quotes Friday #1: The Fault In Our Stars
- Stacking the Shelves #1
- Sunday Travels: Mysore Diaries | Weekend fun and birthday celebration
- Book Review | The THC: Under a Gibbous Moon by Manoj V Jain
- #DoubleReview | Disney Beauty and the Beast Series
- Stacking the Shelves #2
Most Popular Post
Instagram Fun (Popular posts)
Songs that I listened to most this month
I created a playlist named “Falling in Love” and this month, I am basically listening to that only 😀
You can listen to my full Falling in Love playlist below. Enjoy!
On the Big Screen
Game of Thrones: It won’t be wrong to say that this is officially the month of Game of Thrones. All the fans were waiting for this for more than a year, and no doubt, the new season is up to the expectations of the fans. Till now, 3 episodes have been released and all were superb. I can’t wait to see the next episodes.
Orange is the New Black: I have started watching it this month only. I have finished Season 1 and now watching Season 2. At first, it didn’t peak my interest. But as the Season 1 was about to finish, the story just got a way more interesting.
Spider-Man: Homecoming: This was another good movie of this month. I enjoyed overall, but I think no one can beat the original Spiderman movies. The villain shown was too weak here, not exactly what we expect a villain to be.
Lipstick Under My Burkha: This is a movie which I didn’t like at all. Yes, the message that movie wanted to give was good, but I don’t think that portraying too much absurd content make the cause any more relevant. Feminism is a good thing to portray, but not in a way that it becomes totally awkward to see and discuss it.
Mubarakan: I haven’t expected it to be so good and humourous. Throughout the movie, I was laughing. I thought that this would have some lame jokes like other comedy movies in the past, but it had some really good humour portion. And as always, Anil Kapoor stole the show.
In Real Life / Other Things
- It was my 29th birthday: My birthday was on 14th July and I celebrated it with my Hubby in Bengaluru. I travelled to a new place. It was just wonderful.
- Blog launch: I finally launched my blog this month, on my birthday, after a few months of purchasing the host and doing all the things that I could have possibly done 🙂
- Increased Twitter activities: After launching the blog, I realised how important it is to socialize on Twitter. I gained many followers on my blog through it and made many good friends. I am basically now, a member of Twitter group too 😀
Things I’m Looking Forward to Next Month
- #ARCAugust: This is my first time doing #ARCAugust. This was totally a last minute decision as it is going to start tomorrow. But I hope I can finish some ARCs that I have acquired from NetGalley and are set to release this month. For more details about this challenge head over to Read.Sleep.Repeat!
- #TheReadingQuest: This is another challenge I’m excited for. This is going to take place between Sunday 13th August to Sunday 10th September, 2017. I will try to read the books which can be included in both the challenges. For more details, head over to Read at Midnight‘s blog post.
- New job: I am trying to find a new job (shh!). Hopefully, I can get it this month (wish me luck)!
That’s it for me! I hope you enjoyed reading my monthly update. I would like to hear from you too. How was your month? What was new in YOUR life this month? What was your best read? Have you travelled any place new? Any recommendations for me? You can pick any categories from above and can tell me your interpretations. Also, if you do a monthly wrap-up, leave me your link in comments and I’ll check it out 🙂
Thanks for reading and stay connected! ♥