Okay! I know I am saying this again, but is August really finished? Where did the time go? It’s like I am aging really fast 😀 Nevertheless, this month was kind of Okay for me – no big activities, medium number of reads etc. Overall, a quiet month. I am a day late for posting by monthly wrap-up, but what can I say? Life is being bi*ch 😀 Let’s see what I concluded this month.
Quote of the Month
This war is going to be full of women who fall in love with men they’ll never see again. All we do is say goodbye over and over.
— Soraya Lane, Wives of War
I acquired a few books this month, but sadly I wasn’t able to write a single Stacking the Shelves post. 🙁 Hopefully, I can write one soon. So, basically, this month was about collecting beautiful editions. Just tell me, aren’t these covers just so gorgeous?
- #ARCAugust 2017 Sign Up | Are you joining?
- eARC Review | The Chaos of Longing by K.Y. Robinson
- Happy Rakshabandhan | Celebrating the love of siblings (5 Literary siblings worth mentioning)
- #TheReadingQuest | Sign Up and TBR
- eARC Review | Wives of War by Soraya Lane
- Top Ten Tuesday #1 | Ten book recommendations for lovers of different genres
- Classic of the Month | To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee | Book Review
- I Was Nominated | Awesome Blogger Award
- eARC Review | She Be Damned by M.J. Tjia | A Victorian era mystery
- Quotes Friday #2: Wonder
- eARC Review | Strings: A Love Story by Megan Edwards
- Book Review | Lanka’s Princess by Kavita Kané | A victim or a perpetrator?
Most Popular Post
As much as you guys enjoyed reading it, I enjoyed writing it. This topic is very close to me as I feel that everyone should try to read in multiple genres.
Post I wished got some more love
This post was like a first of its own on my blog, like a list kind and I really did research for it. I really wished that it could have got some more love because I really adore all these sibling pairs.
Instagram Fun (Popular posts)
Songs that I listened to most this month
Well, I haven’t created any new playlist in particular
because I was being lazy, but I listened to these two songs in particular and they were like on repeat mode 😀
On the Big Screen
Well, nothing big change in this one either and how that is even possible if one of the greatest and epic show in history was airing? Yes, you guessed it right: Game of Thrones. This season was everything. It just blew my mind. And I don’t know what to do with my life anymore 🙁 What will I do this coming Monday!!
Orange is the New Black: I have on Season 3 right now. I can’t decide whether I should move on or just stop. I miss Larry and Piper together 🙁 And I don’t know why, but I hate seeing Alex and Piper together. God, why they are even together?
Babumoshai Bandookbaaz: As always, Nawazuddin Siddiqui was just awesome. I don’t think anyone else can play this kind of character better than him. The first half of the movie was much better while second half just seemed to be dragging the story.
Just one movie this month?? What am I even doing with my life?
In Real Life / Other Things
Ganesh Chaturthi: Ganpati Bappa came to our house and we celebrated with our friends and family and it was glorious 🙂
#ARCAugust finished this month and as I expected, I only finished 3 books out of my target of 5. I know, I miserably fail in completing reading challenges.
Nothing more special this month in my life. As I said, it was all so slow.
Things I’m Looking Forward to Next Month
- #TheReadingQuest is about to finish in 10 days and I have just completed one book in the challenge. I hope I can complete at least two other books soon.
- Still searching for the new job.
- Looking to post more on the blog. I have so many Awards and Tag posts pending to be done.
- Increase my reading number.
That’s it for me! I hope you enjoyed reading my monthly update. I would like to hear from you too. How was your month? What was new in YOUR life this month? What was your best read? Have you travelled any place new? Any recommendations for me? You can pick any categories from above and can tell me your interpretations. Also, if you do a monthly wrap-up, leave me your link in comments and I’ll check it out 🙂
Thanks for reading and stay connected! ♥