I know its already been 4 days since September finished and I am little late for my wrap-up post. But life is kinda playing-
- I was travelling last week so all my schedule just got jumbled up 😀
- I was not able to read more
- My husband got sick in the middle of the month
- then we had our trip planned for the last weekend
- most of my time was focused on creating good graphics for my blog?
So overall, the reading time just got cut and I just read 4 books 🙁 September was a tricky month for me. Let’s go further into the details.
Quote of the Month
If people were like rain, I was like drizzle and she was a hurricane.
— John Green, Looking for Alaska
Reviews Coming Up
There were two books that I read last month but was not able to review on the blog. These are the being reviewed for sure, apart from others that I’ll read.
I went to Books by Weight event last month and was really happy to find some great leather editions. Also, I ordered a pretty big pile of long-awaited books and got some review copies too.
Check out my Stacking the Shelves posts to know what I collected over this month.
I literally failed this month posting more of the book reviews, but I am glad that I posted in some other categories at least.
- Monthly Wrap-up | August 2017
- Stacking the Shelves #3 | Time to add beautiful editions in your collection
- Tag Monday | Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag (2017)
- Book Review | HARAPPA: Curse of the Blood River by Vineet Bajpai | A vanished civilization?
- Book Review | Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- Stacking the Shelves #4 | When I got my long awaited books
- Tag Monday | The Unique Blogger Award
- Book Review | The Crowns of Croswald by D.E. Night | Totally magical journey
- 2 Months of Blogging | Feelings of a new book blogger on the block | 6 reasons I am perturbed
- #ARCAugust 2017 | Wrap up
- Top Ten Tuesday #2 | Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List
- Stacking the Shelves #5
- #TheReadingQuest | Wrap Up and Final Score Board
- Top Ten Tuesday #3 | Ten books with bookish characters a.k.a bookworms
Most Popular Post
Instagram Fun (Popular posts)
Songs that I listened to most this month
I was definitely more into Bollywood music this month as there were so many good songs. But this song was definitely the most quirky one 😛
On the Big Screen
Orange is the New Black: I left Orange is the New Black in mid of Season 3. It got kind of boring. I wanted to see more of Piper but instead, other characters were more in focus. Maybe I’ll continue it later on.
Jane the Virgin: I am currently watching it and I am on Season 2. I am enjoying it so much. the best part is the narrator of the show. I literally love his way of narration 😀
Newton: I really had high expectations from this movie for two reasons. First, Rajkumar Rao was the main lead who is a fabulous actor, and second, it has been selected as India’s official entry for Oscar. Well, I was really disappointed by the end of the movie. It felt as if the movie was finished just in the middle. Rajkumar did a superb job and the concept was very good, but the overall storyline didn’t quite live up to my expectations.
In Real Life / Other Things
- My blog completed 2 months in September. While I was happy about it, I was also feeling somewhat perturbed for various reasons that I shared here.
- My husband got Typhoid so we were really tensed. He is currently in Bangalore so I took leave and went there for a week. We were glad that it was detected earlier and thus as cured. After returning to Pune, I got sick though it was just cold 😛 Pretty tensed month, huh?
- I hosted my first ever giveaway on Instagram and I was really excited. Though I have to admit that the declaring the results was the difficult part of it, you know. But I was happy with the response considering it was my first.
- I did the graphic changes on my blog. I have changed the header and logo and other posts graphics and now I am kind of satisfied 🙂
- I was successful in keeping myself away from NetGalley 😀
- #TheReadingQuest finished this month and I was quite happy with my performance!
- We did a road trip to Gokarna last weekend and it was a fabulous place. probably, I’ll share a post soon about my journey 🙂 Till then here is a pic of the scenic location.
Things I’m Looking Forward to Next Month
- Diwali is around the corner and it is my favourite festival. I am really excited about this. This year, for the first time after my marriage, I am not going to my in-laws and I am staying in Pune itself.
- I collected some really good books last month and I hoping to read at least 3 books from that stack.
- I am definitely going to read my first Agatha Christie this month.
- I have to change the remaining graphics on my blog. I really hope that I can complete the pending work.
- Continue my NetGalley ban 😀
- Posting more book reviews on the blog.
I found a really great blogger over the blogosphere Evelina @ Avalinah’s Books. I really enjoy hopping her blog and reading her posts. Her boyfriend recently joined her blog and it was fun to read about him 😀
That’s it for me! I hope you enjoyed reading my monthly update. I would like to hear from you too. How was your month? What was new in YOUR life this month? What was your best read? Have you travelled any place new? You can pick any categories from above and can tell me your interpretations. Also, if you do a monthly wrap-up, leave me your link in comments and I’ll check it out 🙂