[Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a very small percentage of the sale at no cost to you. Please see my disclosure policy for more info.]
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is Ten Books I Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To and this is the topic for which I have N number of books to list down. Like seriously! Probably you know that how lazy I am and the books keep piling on my uncontrollable-never-ending TBR stack 😀 Probably I ended up buying and requesting more books than I should have been. But yet, here I am.. no regrets 😀
Well, personally I don’t regret it but definitely, I hate it. I haven’t even completed my fall list last year. I just read a couple of books from that list. But maybe I can get to read them this year? Finger’s crossed! I have even joined the #BeatTheBacklist challenge for the same purpose. So let’s see which are the books that I am totally hoping to read this year finally. And don’t be shocked 😀
Ten Books I Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To
1. The rest of the Harry Potter series: Yes you read it right! I haven’t read the complete series of Harry Potter yet. In fact, I read the first book last year itself. It’s not like I am unaware of the HP world, but haven’t gotten around to really read it. But this year I am definitely going to finish this series with hopefully all the companion books.
2. ACOTAR series: I don’t know why I kept on delaying this series. I guess too much hype for this series made me go away from this? I think 2018 is the year where I need to finally read it and hopefully before the fourth book in the series is coming out.
3. The Bear and the Nightingale: This is probably one of the most talked about series in previous months and I don’t want to delay it enough.
4. The Hate You Give: I know, I know. This is the best read of 2017 for many of you and I am sure it will be for me too. It’s just that the hype thing got me for this book too 🙁 Now the buzz is relatively low for this one and I guess I can pick up this now.
5. Wonder Woman: Ahh, another wonderful read which is just eating dust on my shelf.
6. Miss Laila Armed and Dangerous: I have read very strong reviews about this one till date and I should not wait to read it anymore.
7. Geekerella: Starting 2018 with contemporary reads, I guess it is best suited now to read this retelling. And have I told you I love Cinderella?
8. The Mysterious Affair at Styles / And Then There Were None: Have I told you how ashamed I am to include Agatha Christie here? I am probably in that least population of bookworms who haven’t read Cristie yet. And guess what, it’s my lifetime goal to read all her books and yet I haven’t started reading her. What am I even doing? I don’t know, it just shifts from my current TBR every time. But now it’s enough!
9. Heartless: Probably one of the best retellings in recent year?
10. When Dimple Met Rishi: Now when Sandhya Menon is going to launch her next book soon I guess it is perfect to read this before it’s release. And I know I am going to love it 😀
What are some of the backlist book you are planning to read in 2018?
Are any of these books made your list too?
Leave me your link to today’s Top Ten Tuesday and I will check it out 🙂