I am a proud Indian. I feel lucky that I grew in this country which has diverse cultures and extended heritage as well as vast literature. When it comes to India, nothing can be just simple. So when I decided to do this challenge, I knew that I would have vast options in front of me to choose from.
Basically, this challenge is about reading a book from each state and union territory of India. Currently, India has 29 states and 7 union territories. So, the goal is read a book written by the author of that state or union territory (whether born or residing permanently).
Following is the list of all the states and union territory of India with the books that I read for each one of them. The list is arranged alphabetically.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu and Kashmir
- My Love Never Faked Trust Me I Still Love You by Nikhil Mahajan
- 34 Bubblegum & Candies by Preeti Shenoy
- Madhya Pradesh
- 100 Lyrics by Gulzar
- The THC: Under a Gibbous Moon by Manoj V Jain
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- I Too Had a Love Story by Ravinder Singh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- 2 States: The Story of My Marriage by Chetan Bhagat
- The 3 Mistakes of My Life by Chetan Bhagat
- Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat
- Half Girlfriend by Chetan Bhagat
- One Night @ The Call Center by Chetan Bhagat
- Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition by Chetan Bhagat
Are you an Indian? If not, have you read any book by an Indian author? How many states have you covered?